Friday, May 11, 2012

Preface

      My name is Mike Lerman and I work for a large record label obtaining music publishing clearances. Currently the main focus of my job is to acquire the rights and licenses to musical works for the label to use within DVD's and digital videos that the record label would sell and/or post online to collect advertising money. In order for the label to use this music, my department has to contact the administrators of the music copyright (publishers/songwriters) and strike a deal with them (provided that there  is'nt already a contract in place) to pay them royalties in exchange for use of the song on our commercial product.
      Before I got this job, I had to write a series of papers on music publishing for a college class. This blog will contain those documents for others to learn about this subject in a context from another student working in the craft.
      As a disclaimer, I did write this stuff about three years ago- So it might be a bit outdated (not too outdated though) and also theres a bunch of filler because thats what college professors usually want to read. Just kidding!
    
    I hope this helps anyone looking to learn about music publishing!

-Mike Lerman
   

1 comment:

  1. Need To Increase Your ClickBank Banner Traffic And Commissions?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete